Monday 11 February 2013

Product Photography

In this unit we have been asked to take images for the Graphic Design Students and their Coffee cups and logos that they had designer, Food that we had brought into the studio from home and Flowers from the florist department in the college.

All images taken in the studio My camera Canon 40D - ISO - 100, Shutter speed 125th, aperture F8 to F16 depending on the mood and angle taken.

COFFEE CUPS & LOGO'S - Graphic Design Department

Images - Julie Morrison & Edited by Julie Morrison




Using landscape & not portrait to shoot with this image to get the angle right for the product. If you space around your area so that your product sits right in the image giving a better effect! I got in close and level by sitting on a stool to get close to the product.  I have later edited the image and upped the contrast & saturation tool on photoshop.

I have done the same with the image below however its not straight on and I think it would have looked better if they where in a straight line.









Here is the product table set up ready to shoot & allowing room for an assistant if needed to get under the table and shin light for more effect if required.



Both images have been shot on a small product table with a red velvet cloth to add effect. I struggled with these images as the transmitter for the light wasn't working very well and I was unable to get many images. I have used a dark card on the image above to get a darker mood with the flower being for a funeral & then I have tried to get a more abstract image on the bottom one by taking the picture from a closer 45% angel.












Here are examples of other product photography with similar products that I have found.



These Images have been placed on a product table with a flash light to the left of the cups and on the top one it looks as though there may have been a light placed below the cups to get the back light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment